Translate

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Karma Meets Santa

So, I work at a veterinary hospital. Some days are long, hard, and filled with more emotion than a Nicholas Sparks novel. But, then there are days when I get to play with puppies and kitties. I like those days.

The hospital I work at does some awesome community work. We raise money for charities. We offer workshops for local scout groups so young children can learn more about veterinary care, and gain valuable career advise. One of my favorite things we do is the annual photos with Santa event. Everyone that comes in gets a picture of their pet with Santa. Its cute. Its fun. And, for the most part, the pets love it. Overall, its a fantastic night where pet parents can make some lasting memories with their beloved furry family members.

I volunteered to work the event this year. It was my first time, and I was very excited. I would be printing the pictures and making sure they went to correct family. Sounds easy right? At the surface yes, it should be a pretty easy job. Well, there would be many pictures to choose from, and the screen I had to view them was very small. I also had just a few minutes to print the picture and move on to the next one. Not to mention that most pets were more excited about licking Santa's face than sitting next to him for a picture so a lot of the pictures were on the blurry side.

The event went off without a hitch. Well, Santa's beard was missing, but the gentlemen playing Santa had a beard of his own so it kind of worked out. All of the pet parents had a great time trying to get their dog, or cat (yes, I said cat) look at the camera and sit still for a picture. And, they were all excited about their pictures. I know that many of those pictures will make their way onto Christmas cards. ( I know Karma's picture will...)

Since I would be working the event I asked my boyfriend to bring Karma. I wanted her picture taken with Santa. I also knew that she would love all the attention from my coworkers as well as everyone that came in with their own pets. I was not disappointed.

Karma was greeted by all my coworkers and happily returned their greetings with kisses. I was surprised at how well she did waiting for her turn. Of course, her pictures were blurry. But, to be honest I did not expect anything else from my sweet Karma Bug.

She seemed confused when my boyfriend handed her to Santa. He came over to stand behind the photographer. After spending a moment with her ears back evaluating the situation she decided that everything was okay. The ears when up and she was instantly moving around trying to give kisses to everyone she could reach.

Even though the pictures are on the blurry side I love them. It was fun. She had a great time. It was a lovely social outing for my girl. I hope that I can repeat the pictures again next year, maybe a little more in focus. I mean, just look at that smile. I just love her.

I hope you and your fur-babies are able to creature happy memories like this. I know I will cherish that night for forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment